Monday, September 3, 2007

Shopping, World fest, and other thoughts

I have been looking through blogs of families in or have been in Vietnam. I have found some places I definitely want to shop while we are traveling. The first place is called Vietnam Quilts. The Vietnamese women, who would otherwise have a difficult time working and staying with their family, make the quilts. I have a few quilts that I like but will make my mind up once I see them. I will post about other places in the next few posts.

I also look forward to the water puppets and bringing some of them home. We went to the World Fest on Saturday. Tatertot loved making her own puppet. She named her "Tatertot Just Like Me". Of course her name for Tatertot. The Thai steamed dumplings and the Vietnamese Bakery were mine and Tatertot's favorite. J- loved the chirizo taco made by a restaurant from Mexico. He also stated that he wants his birthday cake to come from the Vietnamese bakery. **Note to me**

It is now looking unlikely for a September referral. The paperwork process for Vietnam has changed. It isn't great to have to wait, but it will happen.

All for now...

No comments: