Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What do beavers make?

Here we are sitting in our room at the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel. Tatertot and J- were playing a game of UNO and I was going through the suitcases looking for something. I heard "UNO". J- won the game. Then, I heard it!

Tatertot "d***"
Me- What did you say?
T- d***
Me- We don't say that word
T- Mama, I said D***
Me- Well, we don't say that word!!!!
T- Mama, It is what a beaver makes. (said in a most sincere manner)
Me- (Trying hard not to fall over laughing)
When you lost the game and said that word, it isn't a nice word.
T- But it is what beavers make!!!
Me- The way you meant it, made it a bad word. We don't say it.
T- (again she says) But it is what beavers make!
Me (Still trying not to let her see me laugh)
I say the Mama thing... "Mama doesn't want you to say that word, it isn't a nice word to say
even when you hear others say the word."

What will she come up with next??
Anyway, it made a funny story to tell my family. We were all together in Tennessee for my niece's high school graduation. It was nice to have most of the family together!

No comments: