Saturday, January 19, 2008

I-600

We got word yesterday that our I-600 was mailed to HCMC in Vietnam. That was great news! We should hear something from the USCIS in about 60 days. This is the new hurdle that makes the wait longer between referral and travel, but will make the trip shorter in Vietnam.

J- and I have spent the morning making chili. Our church has its annual cook-off tonight. We basically took a recipe and did our own twists to it. J- has a pot and I have a pot. He has beans and I do not. It is a spicy chili that calls for a full cup of chili powder, but we used about 3/4 cup. We haven't been able to go the past 2 years because we were celebrating Chinese New Year with FCC. This year they aren't on the same day so not an issue. The church also has a pie auction. It is a fun evening!

No comments: