Sunday, May 4, 2008

FEVER

It is amazing how a fever in an almost 5 year old can change an entire weekend of plans. My friend called on Friday afternoon to talk about kindergarten schools. (Being teachers, we both were stressing over where our kids would go for K). After getting off the phone, I went over to her and touched her. She was burning up. We have spent the past 2 days trying to get it stable. It is still up today. If she still has it tomorrow, I guess we'll go to the doctor.

She was supposed to sing at church today. They had 5 songs and she knew them. Later this afternoon, she was to go to a birthday party. She was such a sport when whe knew she still had a temp. "When will I be able to give her the birthday present". Not a tear or "can I please go". She just accepted it. I was very proud of her. We are watching "The Wizard of Oz" she is coloring.

The weekend wasn't how we planned, but still an enjoyable time. (Except for the filly in the Derby. It broke my heart.)

No comments: