Saturday, August 30, 2008

Quiet NO MORE!

Pre-approval for I600 is proving to be a nightmare for families with children in Thanh Hoa!!! We are no further along in determining if our prospective children are adoptable than we were in February. DoS stated they have no information on fraudulent acts in Thanh Hoa- it is a "communication problem with Thanh Hoa". What a power struggle to determine if the I-600s will be approved! We, along with families from three agencies, appear to be stuck in the process. You would think alternative methods of completing field reviews would be considered by US officials! What is it going to take for them to do what is best for the children!?!

We are well past 200 days waiting for our I-600 approval. Cuong is now 14 months old. Our picture update showed a healthy, but sad little boy. He is ready to come home~!~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I can't believe that NOTHING is happening in that province. How frustrating, to say the least.

A said...

I'm so sorry. There is really no reason this should take so long!
I am still praying for your family and that little Coung comes home soon.

Andrea

Karey said...

My heart goes out to you. We waited something like 180 days and I can't imagine what you are going through...

Hugs and wishes for an approval soon