Thursday, October 30, 2008

WE ARE HERE!

We made it to the hotel about 30 minutes ago. The airlines was very efficient. However, the plane was extremely warm and I didn't sleep much. John rested on that leg (14 hours). We actually left about 30 minutes later than planned and still arrived 30 minutes faster than planned. The 2nd leg (5 hours) was much cooler and I slept-hard! I feel much better.

This room is huge! Way more than we were expecting. We have a 2 bed rooms, a kitchen, a dinning room table, 2 bathrooms, and a TV area. His crib is already in the room. We will go to the store tomorow and get things we need. Not sure what else we will do.

We are going to Thanh Hoa on Sunday, but found out our Giving and Receiving isn't until Tuesday. Not a big surprise. We had heard rumors from other families that it usually gets moved back a day. We will now spend Sunday and Monday in TH and return to Hanoi on Tuesday.

Gotta go...getting tired.

2 comments:

Sisler Family said...

John and Mary,
So glad to hear you made it safely. We've been waiting for your post.

I spent this morning with Lillian's kindergarten class. Mary, I always knew you worked hard, but I have a new appreciation for it. I came home with a migraine. :) I had fun though. I didn't damage any of them. And only one kid ended up wearing more paint than the paper in front of them - frankly I think I did well - just glad she got it on her clothes and not in her mouth.

I get to go back again for the Fall Celebration tommorrow. Halloween's been banned evidently --so no "halloween" costumes. They dress in "What I want to be when I grow up Costumes". Lillian's going to be an artist.

Lillian says: "I'm so excited Miss Mary is getting a new baby." She's helping me check the blog every day and wanted to send you a message too.

Get lots of rest. Looking forward to hearing more adventures.
Michelle

Teri said...

I'm glad you guys made it safe. Rest because soon you won't be able too.

Teri