Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow, rain, ice, sleet, more snow...what a mess!

We were all restless last night. Sirens, popping, and cracking was going on all night! Around 10:00 John and I heard a big boom. We looked out the front window and saw numerous limbs down but nothing big. This morning, we looked at the side window and a tree was across the drive. The whole tree is down, nothing but a stump. It was a huge 100+ year sugar maple tree. If it had fallen the other way, it would have been in our living room. We are feeling fortunate! I am glad we have a 4-wheel drive.

The electricity has flickered, but is still on. The numbers of people with electricity is growing. We have several friends without electricity.

I will post a picture of the tree later.

1 comment:

A said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are safe and very lucky. Our power just came back on after 13 hours. I've never been so excited to see lights on ; )

Andrea