Friday, January 30, 2009

Wish I had time for a nap!

The kids and I headed out around 10:00 this morning. We ran to our favorite bakery. It is run by Vietnamese couple and has the most delicious pastries. I bought a Vietnamese fruit cake for our Chinese New Year/ TET celebration tomorrow.

Then, we grabbed some lunch and went to a playgroup. The kids were tired but I then went to an Asian grocery. Their electricity was out and it was cold inside. I got some more rice and noodles(was running low and like to keep it stocked). After another stop for dumplings we headed home. Both kids are asleep. At least I hope Rachel is.

I have a bunch of vegetables to chop for tomorrow. I am making a dish I learned in a Chinese cooking class. Cooking for 15 or so adults and about that many children is going to be fun. I would have loved to make homemade dumplings, but just not up to the task for that large of a crowd and a toddler.

No comments: