Friday, September 5, 2008

Baking

Our church is having its annual fish fry tomorrow. J- will help fry fish. They fry it in huge cast iron kettles. The fish is fresh and tasty! He made 10 pounds of German potato salad today. The church makes over 200 pounds of German potato salad.

I have made 2 huge cobblers. They are half blueberries and have blackberries. The blackberries are from our own field. I also made 2 different cookies and 4 pies (1 chess and 3 toll house/pecan pies) I also made lemon apricot cake, but when I took it out of the bunt pan it stuck in 3 places. I took it to school to share. If I have time in the morning, I will make another.

Tatertot was totally exhausted tonight. School was busy. She was just a heap rolled up on the chair. Even too tired to eat. She was in bed by 7:45. I hope she sleeps in until 8:00 tomorrow. It will be a long day with the fish fry. She starts Suzuki violin in two weeks. She is so excited. They have the tiniest little violin for her. Too cute.

PS Today is day 221 days waiting for I-600. Isn't that just crazy!!

2 comments:

A said...

Sounds tasty ; ) I love fresh Blackberries!
Keep us posted on how she likes the violin classes. I used to study the flute at a local university. They taught Suzuki there. I loved watching all the kidos with their tiny violins! So adorable!
Take care...
Andrea
waiting for Brodie in Bac Lieu

P.S. Yes, that is crazy!

Anonymous said...

Totally crazy! I'm impressed that you're NOT. :)