Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cooler weather

I am so excited to have the cooler weather. I don't like hot weather or humidity. Nice weather!

I spent the morning working at Tatertot's school. I helped with the book fair, spent 1.5 hours working in her class, then I worked in the office making copies. A good morning.


I am going to teach a lesson on Autumn Moon Festival next Tuesday in Tatertot's classroom. I am telling the story of the fable behind Autumn Moon, doing a craft, and will have a snack. It will be a lot of fun.



We will go to the FCC Autumn Moon Festival next weekend (20th). They have a lot of really fun activities for the kids. Last year, the kids wrote letters to their birth family, rolled up the paper and tied it to a balloon. Then, we went outside and released the balloons. It was very moving. It concludes with a Lantern Parade. The kids all bring a lantern and we walk around the grounds. It is fun seeing all the different lanterns.



Not that we are counting... today is 124 days waiting for our I-600.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

What a wonderful idea about the balloons. How great.

Col

PS - 124 days. That is business days right? I gave up counting business days a long time ago. The way I see it is that they lost the privilege of me only counting weekdays a long time ago. Now I represent it by the horror that it truly is. 119 days since my acknowledgement. Go for it!